วันเสาร์ที่ 6 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2557

Learning English Outside


A Passage to India
  Today, I watch the movie: Passage to India. I watch to practice my listening and speaking skill. I think watching the movie help me to develop my listening and speaking skill.
The story takes place in the city of Chandrapore in India in the early 1920’s when the British occupied, colonized, and controlled India. 
Dr. Aziz, an Indian Doctor, gets to be friends with a British Professor, Fielding, and two British women, Mrs. Moore and Miss Quested. He offers to take them to see the famous Marabar Caves. Once there, a strange and unexplained event occurs and Aziz winds up being accused of attacking Miss Quested. He is arrested and put on trial. This trial represents and heightens all the conflicts between Indians and English, and is especially scandalous because Fielding has taken the side of the Indians over the British.
Eventually, Miss Quested is on the stand and takes back her accusation, causing widespread chaos in the streets. Miss Quested, Fielding and Aziz all go their separate ways. Two years later, Fielding and Aziz are reunited only to come to the conclusion that as long as the English are still in India, the English and Indians cannot be friends.
        In story it gives me an interesting view of India as a British colony, and some of the descriptions are lovely, I like Dr. Aziz because he’s friendly and eager to please. People like him a lot – he
wants to be friends with the English but ends up being sorry. But overall I found it quite hard to look and understand in story.  The characters didn't feel real to me.  In this story make me know about Indian women have no voice in society, very little power and racism play.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น